Wednesday, April 23, 2014

German Potato Salad

I was just asked for Jean's German Potato Salad recipe. Since I just spent the time to type it up I thought I'd share it here. One word on sugar. In all savory recipes I feel the amount sugar can be cut in half with results more to my liking. But that's me. I'm passing this recipe along as it is written.

German Potato Salad

1 lb bacon
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced onion
3 teaspoons salt (can use less)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons flour
2/3 cup sugar (can use less)
2/3 cup vinegar
1-1/3 cups water
8 cups cooked cubed potatoes


Cube bacon and fry. Return 4 tablespoons bacon fat to skillet and add celery, vinegar, pepper & water and flour. Bring to a boil. Pour over potatoes & bacon in a 3 quart dish. Cover and bake 30 minutes @ 350 degrees.



No comments:

Post a Comment