Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Einstein the Musician

Albert Einstein, celebrated German physicist and the man who brought us E=mc2, the worlds most famous equation, once said that had he not become a scientist, he would have been a musician. "Life without playing music is inconceivable for me. I love my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. I get most joy in life out of music." Einstein said.

Historically, art and music have long influenced scientific minds, allowing them to develop ways of thinking beyond observing empirical data. Einstein preferred listening to and playing Bach and Mozart pieces to help his creative imagination. Einstein's son  explained that his father's fascination with playing music was just an extension of his thinking process, allowing music to overcome mental roadblocks. Some of his greatest insights came during periods of improvisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment